THE HENRY & JOYCE W. SUMID SCHOLARSHIP is available to high school seniors, under graduate college students and graduate students interested in studying theatre arts and whose legal residence is within these states ONLY: ALASKA, ARIZONA, CALIFORNIA, HAWAII, IDAHO, MONTANA, NEW MEXICO, OREGON, UTAH, and WASHINGTON.
Previous awardees are also eligible, regardless of location of legal residence.
The value of the scholarship is $5,000.00.
You must be able to demonstrate financial neediness to be eligible for a Sumid Scholarship.
1. Please submit a statement of financial need. Include specific information regarding:
* information on your anticipated income
* information on your savings or other assets that could be used towards tuition and other education costs
* monies that parents, guardians or others will provide for your education/further training
* the estimated costs of your education and/or normal living expenses
* any other pertinent information on your financial condition
If SSN's are visible, the application will be rejected.
3. Please submit an essay of 500 words or less on why you think you deserve this scholarship.
4. Please submit a copy of your school/college transcript. You must be a student in good standing with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
5. Please submit 3 letters of recommendation - One letter of recommendation should be from a theatre instructor.
6. Please submit a resume.
- ACTORS must submit a complete resume of all roles that you have played
- DESIGNERS must submit photographs of their work or a DVD of produced designs uploaded to our application site or by URL address
- DIRECTORS must submit a complete listing of all shows they have worked on and the position held on each production
- TECHNICIANS must submit a complete listing of all shows worked on outlining positions held and the equipment with which they are experienced
- PLAYWRIGHTS must submit a one page synopsis, plus a ten page example by February 15th, 2017. After review by Sumid Scholarship committee, finalists will be asked to submit a full script by March 16th, 2017. Submissions must be sent via email ONLY.
CLICK ON THE "APPLY HERE!" BUTTON AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE TO BEGIN
Any student related by family to a member of the Sumid Scholarship Committee or the Pasadena Playhouse Alumni & Associates Board of Directors is ineligible for this scholarship.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE COMPLETED ONLINE ONLY and documents uploaded no later than APRIL 30, 2017. Mailed applications will NOT be accepted.
Playwrights must email script samples no later than February 15, 2017.
Please - DO NOT WAIT until the last minute prior to the dealine to upload your files or submit your application. If the system is overloaded you may be prevented from submitting your application in time.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org